Saturday, December 1, 2012

Allocation Change Effective Monday, December 3

.
Effective with the close of markets on Friday, November 30th, my GGT TSP model has signaled a transition.  Note that NOT ALL FUNDS have signaled a move, so this one is suspect and failure is possible.

My new allocations are:

Aggressive Portfolio

F-Fund:  24%
C-Fund:  14%
I-Fund:  42%
S-Fund:  20%

Conservative Portfolio


G-Fund:  56%
F-Fund:  24%
S-Fund:  20%


I am following the Aggressive Portfolio.

The two funds under the Aggressive Portfolio that did not indicate transition are C-Fund and I-Fund.  They are close to transitioning, but no cigar.  Hence, if I were to follow the conservative portfolio and invest in these when/if they transitioned in December I would use the 2x chances we get to invest in a given month, and if we move to cash (we always seem to do this around the 14th of December), we would miss any potential Santa Clause rally.  I am choosing not to do this.

These changes will be in place by the close of business on 12/3 if I make the change request prior to noon EDT.



Since 11/25/08, which is when this model started, the following statistics have been generated:



As always, you are responsible for your own investment decisions, and I am not.  Please do your diligence, and please take ownership for your actions.

Regards,

pgd

No comments:

Post a Comment