Thursday, October 30, 2014

End of October Allocation Changes, 10-30-2014

.
10/31/2014 Morning Update:

I fat-fingered the S-Fund -- the correct value is in bold (51%, I had listed 59%).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Effective with the last day of the month, I'm moving my allocations to:

C-Fund:  39%
I-Fund:  10%
S-Fund:   51%

These are aggressive values, as nothing is being held in G-Fund.  My time horizon is longer than most (11 years), so I can afford to take a bit more risk.

If you are more conservative, allocations which include holding some back in cash are:

G-Fund:  25%
C-Fund:  29%
I-Fund:  7%
S-Fund:  39%

Equally-blended in the C-, I-, and S-Funds (e.g. 33% each) produced these results since 11/25/08:


For those of you who are following my movements, I use a timing system that is applied to the numbers above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have made the changes in my TSP account.  As long as the changes are posted by 12:00 pm on Friday they will apply for October and will NOT count against the 2x transfers we can use in November.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As with all my postings, you are responsible for your own investments and I am not.  Please do your diligence, and please take ownership for your actions.

Regards,

pgd


1 comment:

  1. Paul, there's an obvious typo error as you new allocations total more than 100%!

    ReplyDelete