Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday, Sept 30 Morning Update

.
No changes.

I indicated that I would look deeply at the end-of-the month signal I just received that moved me to 100% cash and that I would post whether some equity position was required.

We have 2 transfers per month available with the TSP funds.  These transfers can be however we choose, but the final transfer must be a sweep to cash (G-Fund).  It would be nice to use the available transfer (today before noon EDT) and leave two transfers for October.

While I believe that we are experiencing end-of-the-month and end-of-the quarter window dressing, and that historically, the first few weeks of October are generally positive, there is nothing in my indicators that says we should move into the markets.  There is a risk/reward component to this, and when I move against my indicators, it becomes speculation, not investing.  If I moved into the equity funds today it would be pure speculation.

I'm sitting 100% in the G-fund, and will end the quarter this way.  The next signal to move into the equity funds could be tomorrow (October 1) or it could be much, much later.  Your crystal ball is as good as mine.  Invest in the markets that are presented to you, not the one that you want.

Regards,

pgd

No comments:

Post a Comment