Monday, December 15, 2014

Raising Cash, Friday Dec 12 Close

.
With the close of markets on Friday, December 12th, my indicators are showing that I need to raise cash within my TSP account.

New allocations are as follows:

G-Fund:  44%
C-Fund:  26%
S-Fund:  21%
I-Fund:    9%

The I-Fund has been a serious underperformer and I am considering that 9% into cash also; it has fallen -3.72% in the last month.  Note that I do not see anything on the International front that makes me think we've hit the bottom.

I'm always a bit cautious this time of year -- there typically is a Santa Claus rally that starts around now and continues until after the first of the year, and hence, I want to keep some equity in play.

Note that I can take a bit more risk than some of you -- my time line is 11 years before retirement so I have time to make up any short fall.  I tend to be a bit more aggressive than most.

Overall, if equally allocated, here is the performance since September 2008:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, you are responsible for your own investment decisions and I am not.  Please do your own diligence, and please take ownership for your actions.

Regards,

pgd


No comments:

Post a Comment