Monday, May 17, 2010

Update for May 15th Weekend

.
Lest you think I'm not paying attention to this portfolio, I am.  I have 100% of my wife's monies in cash, as I do not play the F-Fund.

If you play the 4-ETF/fund route, the F-Fund is still long, and has been for some time (since 4/16).  All the other ETFs / funds are in cash / G-Fund.

If you play the 3-ETF/fund game, you are sitting 100% in cash / G-Fund.
  • EFA, which is my proxy for the I-Fund, is just barely showing signs of life.  I intend to avoid it for now.
  • SPY, which is my proxy for the C-Fund, is looking better than the EFA, but not enough so that we should move into it.
  • The VXF, which is my proxy for the S-Fund, looks the best of the lot, but again, not enough to move into it today.
If you feel that you need to play these ETFs because the market has pulled back, representative allocations are as follows:
  • 4-ETF / Fund Plan:
    AGG / F-Fund: 44%
    EFA / I-Fund: 3%
    SPY / C-Fund: 25%
    VXF / S-Fund: 28%

  • 3-ETF / Fund Plan:
    EFA / I-Fund: 5%
    SPY / C-Fund: 44%
    VXF / S-Fund: 51%

The coloring represents whether you should be in the ETFs/Funds going into the upcoming week.  Red means that I suggest you wait, but do whatever you feel is prudent for your situation.
 
Remember, you are responsible for your own trading decisions, not me.  Please do your diligence.
 
Regards,
 
pgd

No comments:

Post a Comment