Thursday, October 29, 2009

Signal update for Thursday, October 29th, 2009

All 4 tracking ETFs for the GGT Thrift Savings Plan have moved to cash.  Although I am on the fence as to selling at this local minimum, the backtesting and rules of this plan mandate that I liquidate all positions to cash related to this portfolio (shoot).

Correspondingly, I will send the order to the TSP to move everything into the G-Fund (cash).  The order will most likely be filled as of the close tomorrow (Friday).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Paul. I think this trading method is much easier to understand than your other one since it lacks all the short-term timing indicators and such. Also, I'm not so sure I should be trading during the workday at my new job, since my employer is now getting a datafeed of all my trades (SEC regulations, you see). I think I will "paper-trade" this on Investopedia for awhile to see how it works for me, and if so, we should talk (my website development skills have gained 25% ROI the past month).

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete